CDBG PROGRAM INDUSTRIAL INFRASTRUCTURE GRANT
MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Assist local governments in the development of public infrastructure that allows industries to locate new facilities, expand existing facilities, and prevent the closing of a facility or the relocation of a facility outside the state.
42 USC § 5301 et seq., 24 C.F.R. Part 570; and Missouri’s “Consolidated Plan” submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Projects can only be in a “non-entitlement” area – a city under 50,000 in population or a county under 200,000 in population.
Cities or counties must apply on behalf of beneficiary companies.
• More than one business must potentially benefit from the facilities to be funded.
• For-profit manufacturing, processing and assembly companies that will have wages above the county average and provide medical benefits are prioritized.
PROGRAM BENEFITS/ELIGIBLE USES
• Grant funds may be used for public streets, water or sewer lines, engineering and other public facilities necessary to support the project. A public entity must own the facilities to be funded.
• Facilities owned by the company or a private utility are not eligible for funding.
• The least amount needed for the project to occur
• The grants shall be determined in accordance with the
Max. % of
Grant Amount Max. per Job Capital Inv.
Up to $500,000 $10,000 35%
Next $250,000 $5,000 20%
Next $250,000 $3,000 8%
Next $500,000 $2,000 2%
(Ex: To receive a $600,000 Infrastructure grant, total private capital investment must be no less than $1,928,571 and create 70 new full-time jobs.)
Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, subject to fund availability.
Employment Status Statement Forms
SPECIAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
• The local government applicant must provide as much unrestricted resources (cash, in-kind resources) as they have available.
• LMI Employees: At least 51% of the new jobs to be created must be filled by persons considered “low to moderate income” (LMI).
• Prevailing Wage Requirement: Because grant proceeds are used for the construction of public works, prevailing wages must be paid to the employees of the contractors.
Missouri Department of Economic Development
Division of Business and Community Services • Finance Management Team
301 West High Street • Room 770 • P.O. Box 118
Jefferson City • MO • 65102
Phone: 573-751-4539 • Fax: 573-522-4322
E-mail: email@example.com • Web: www.MissouriDevelopment.org